Welcome to the House of Art
House of Art in Hermanus is the place where beauty, comfort and affordability come together.
House of Art is situated in the heart of Hermanus, perfectly located in the centre of vibrant restaurants, pubs and wine bars. For art lovers, we are perfectly situated in the centre of the well-known art alley that boasts many different art galleries and artist studios. A stone throw away from the look-out point on the cliff, the perfect location for whale watching in season, as well as where a selection of South African sculptors showcases their larger than life sculptures.
Hermanus offers holiday makers and weekend visitors a variety of activities, and cultural attractions and there is no better place to experience it, than at House of Art.
Studio G art galleries works in partnership with the world-renowned hospitality and tourism group, Village N Life. The galleries are managed by entrepreneur and sculptor, Gerhard van Niekerk. He is assisted by Aidon Westcott – a well known and highly respected art curator and artist.
Studio G aims to provide a unique platform for established as well as emerging local artists to exhibit their work in some of South Africa’s most iconic tourist destinations.
These galleries showcase some of the best contemporary South African artists and are must-see galleries for all art lovers and collectors visiting the Western Cape.
Located in the bustling town centre of Hermanus, Zzzone Boutique Hostel enjoys a prominent position close to a number of vibrant restaurants and bars and exciting activity pick-up points.
Designed with sleep in mind, Zzzone offers guests a fresh, sleep-centric take on the traditional backpackers. We have shifted our focus away from offering a place to “party and crash” and more towards choosing locations that offer the perfect, off-site party and active scene, curating a peaceful sleep sanctuary.
Think sleep enhancing colour palettes, tranquil music, homemade sleep spray and optimal use of light.
– we look forward to welcoming you to a good night’s rest at our boutique hostel.
- Studio G – Founded and curated by figure sculptor Gerhard van Niekerk.
- Rossouw Modern – Curated by the flamboyant Jozua Roussow.
- Originals – Gallery of artist Terry Kobus renowned for his Nguni Cattle paintings.
- Lembu – Exhibits a wide range of South African and African art and fine craft.
- Malcolm Bowling – Wildlife drawings, paintings and photography.
- Betty Blue Bistro – Perfect for breakfast and lunches on the go.
- Fisherman's Cottage – A unique dining experience in a historical monument.
- Lizette’s Kitchen – Craving Asian? Look no further.
- Bietangs Cave – Right on the ocean side. We don’t thing you can get any closer!
- The Burgundy – Experience the bliss of traditional South African cuisine.